Friday, January 23, 2015

Storybook Topics Brainstorm

Topic: Pirates and Sailors
Comments: I am really interested in stories of pirates specifically after seeing many movies about them growing up, even Pirates of the Caribbean though I know that's more recent.  I think this topic is interesting because there still are pirates in some parts of the world.
Possible Stories: I'd like to find stories of female pirates since typically pirates are associated with men.  I searched through the past Pirates and Sailors archives and found stories there that I liked too.  I'd like to focus on both the adventures of one pirate and also on multiple characters.
Sample Story Comments: I searched through some past storybooks and found one I really enjoyed, Piracy: Not Just for Men and thought the stories and concepts were unique.
Bibliography Information:
Sample Story: A Pirate's Life for Me
Website Name: Google Sites


Topic: Sea Monsters
Comments: Going along with the pirates and sailors topic, I think it would be interesting to learn about the different types of sea monsters that they might encounter while on the sea.  I'm also just interested in sea monsters because of the unknown and mysterious nature.  I'd like to think that many if not most sea monsters are still undiscovered.
Possible Stories: I am most interested in the Loch Ness Monster so I'd like to know more about that and also the giant squid, Kraken.  I became interested in Kraken after watching Pirates of the Caribbean.
Sample Story Comments: Even though the Loch Ness Monster is considered to be a lake monster rather than sea monster, I still want to learn more.  After reading through the wikipedia page on the Loch Ness Monster, I found out more information that will be useful to me.
Bibliography Information:
Sample Story: Loch Ness Monster
Website Name: Wikipedia

Kraken, Source: doubtfulnews.com


Topic: Animal Stories - Cats
Comments: I've noticed that cats seem to be a pretty talked about animal in the storybook world.  Having a cat myself, I'm interested in reading more stories about them.  Reading through the past storybooks, I found one I liked a lot called A Cat's Tale.
Possible Stories: I'd like to include a story about my own cat's adventures because she has a mind of her own.
Sample Story Comments: Reading through the past storybooks, I found one I liked a lot called A Cat's Tale.  I liked that it was written from the cats point of view and would like to incorporate that into my stories.
Bibliography Information:
Sample Story: A Cat's Tale 
Website Name: Google Sites

Topic: Mermaids
Comments: I have always been interested in mermaids and find that the stories are very compelling. Though I don't know a whole lot, I'd like to learn more.  
Possible Stories: I found a lot of stories searching through humanity.org and think this would be a very good resource for me.
Sample Story Comments: The title of this story really intrigued me so I went on to read the whole story.  The language used in the story was a bit difficult at times due to the improper words but I enjoyed the story.
Bibliography Information:
Sample Story: The Mermaid's Twin Sister
Website Name: humanity.org

No comments:

Post a Comment