Monday, April 6, 2015

Reading Diary A: Looking Glass Unit

I have read several of these stories before as a kid but not as closely as some of the other Alice in Wonderland stories.  My favorite part of Looking Glass House cont. was the poem that Alice read.  I remember reading this as a kid and not knowing a single word it seemed and now that I’m older and reading it again I can’t say a whole lot has changed.  I think that’s why I like this poem so much.  It is so different and includes language that I’ve never heard of so reading it was refreshing.  Even Alice can relate as she says she found it rather difficult to read after she finished it. 

Tweedledee and Tweetledum was another story that I enjoyed reading again.  I thought the rhyme in the story was cute and fun even though it was pretty short.  What I liked about this story and all of these stories in general is the language they use.  There are so many words that are either a little foreign to me or ones that aren’t used very often anymore and I think it’s fun that they incorporated some of those into these stories. 


This was by far my favorite unit thus far.  It makes the reading a lot more fun and interesting when they are stories that you already know and love.  I’ve said it before but it’s helpful too that these stories have such good and vivid images to associate with them.  The new Alice in Wonderland movie really helped me relive some of those moments in the story from the movie.  

Tweetledee and Tweetledum - Alice in Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment