Sunday, April 26, 2015

Gen. Ed. Review

I am pretty sure I am taking this course as a general education western culture.  For the most part, I did not enjoy my gen ed courses here at OU.  It’s hard to remain interested in courses that don’t have any relation to your major so I didn’t think they were that great.  I did like that for my major, I had to declare a minor so that took up a good amount of my gen ed courses that I was required to take and I really enjoyed those courses. 

I waited until my last semester in school to take my gen ed math course because math is my least favorite subject but I am actually enjoying that course more than I thought I would.  I think that in general, we take a significant amount of gen ed courses and I would like to take more classes within my major or even my minor but with all the rules, too many credits from inside your major won’t count and that is kind of frustrating. 


I do think that it’s important to get a wide variety of courses in college because we should be well rounded and have a broad knowledge base.  Even though I didn’t enjoy all the classes I took, I’m still glad I took most of them so that I have a little bit better understanding of whatever subject it may be.  

knowledge

No comments:

Post a Comment