Sunday, April 26, 2015

College Writing Review

Being a journalism major, writing is a huge part of what I do every day.  Even though the writing I do in this course isn’t quite the same as the writing I do in journalism, I think that any writing course I take is beneficial to me in the long run.  One of my first semesters here I took expository writing, what is work.  It was the most writing intense class that I’ve ever taken and it really helped me become a better and well-rounded writer. 

I think that this class taught me a lot about how to write more narrative based stories or novel based stories.  I’m so used to writing news stories that have to be very structured and this course allowed me to be a little bit more creative and explore some different aspects of writing that I don’t get to explore that often. 

I think that it’s important for people to take writing courses in college even if writing isn’t their strong point because it’s not something that you’ll be able to avoid in life.  You’ll always have to write and it’s important to know how to do it and what makes a good story. 


I’m fortunate that we were able to read so many other students’ blogs because it helped me develop my own writing a little bit better.  I really enjoyed this course and the writing aspects that went along with it!

Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment