Monday, March 23, 2015

Reading Diary A: Apache Unit

This week I decided to read stories from the Apache Unit.  

Even though The Culture Heroes and Owl was a very strange story, for some reason, I liked it.  When I first read the story, I didn’t think it would turn out the way it did. In the story, when the companions wanted something to play with, I thought the story would be a fun story about some new type of toy that they came up with or made in order to entertain themselves but then it quickly changed as I kept reading.  Towards the end, the story got a bit repetitive with only minor changes each time. 

One of the other stories I liked was Naiyenesgani Rescuesthe Taos Indians.  This story was similar to the first one I liked in that it was pretty repetitive as well.  Different from the first one, the second story was more repetitive at the beginning instead of the end of the story.  One thing that I found interesting in all the stories, this one especially, was all of the different names and spellings of names.  Most of them I don’t know how to pronounce.  I think if I were to retell any of these stories I’d come up with much simpler names. 


My favorite story of the first half was definitely The Monster Fish because it reminded me of a story that I retold a couple of weeks ago.  My story was about a lake monster which kept me interested in this story as I kept reading it.  I think I might choose this story to retell but I’d have to put a very different spin on it so it differs from my original storytelling post.



Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment